(1) El‐Akhal MR, Rincón A, Coba de la Peña T, Lucas MM, El Mourabit N, Barrijal S, et al. Effects of salt stress and rhizobial inoculation on growth and nitrogen fixation of three peanut cultivars. Plant Biology. 2013; 15(2): 415-421.
(2) Chaintreuil C, Giraud E, Prin Y, Lorquin J, Bâ A, Gillis M, et al. Photosynthetic bradyrhizobia are natural endophytes of the African wild rice Oryza breviligulata. Applied and environmental microbiology. 2000; 66(12): 5437-5447.
(3) Hilali A, Prévost D, Broughton WJ, Antoun H. Effets de l'inoculation avec des souches de Rhizobium leguminosarum biovar trifolii sur la croissance du blé dans deux sols du Maroc. Canadian Journal of Microbiology. 2001; 47(6): 590-593.
(4) Bhattacharjee RB, Singh A, Mukhopadhyay SN. Use of nitrogen-fixing bacteria as biofertiliser for non-legumes: prospects and challenges. Applied Microbiology and Biotechnology. 2008; 80(2): 199-209.
(5) Yanni YG, Rizk RY, El-Fattah FKA, Squartini A, Corich V, Giacomini A, et al. The beneficial plant growth-promoting association of Rhizobium leguminosarum bv. trifolii with rice roots. Functional Plant Biology. 2001; 28(9): 845-870.
(6) Glick BR. Modulation of plant ethylene levels by the bacterial enzyme ACC deaminase. FEMS Microbiology Letters. 2005; 251(1): 1-7.
(7) Arshad M, Saleem M, Hussain S. Perspectives of bacterial ACC deaminase in phytoremediation. Trends in biotechnology. 2007; 25(8): 356-362.
(8) Glick BR, Cheng Z, Czarny J, Duan J. Promotion of plant growth by ACC deaminase-producing soil bacteria. European journal of plant pathology. 2007; 119: 329-339.
(9) Barnawal D, Bharti N, Maji D, Chanotiya CS, Kalra A. ACC deaminase-containing Arthrobacter protophormiae induces NaCl stress tolerance through reduced ACC oxidase activity and ethylene production resulting in improved nodulation and mycorrhization in Pisum sativum. Journal of plant physiology. 2014; 171(11): 884-894.
(10) Shagol CC, Subramanian P, Krishnamoorthy R, Kim K, Lee Y, Kwak C. et al. ACC Deaminase Producing Arsenic Tolerant Bacterial Effect on Mitigation of Stress Ethylene Emission in Maize Grown in an Arsenic Polluted Soil. Korean journal of soil science and fertilizer. 2014; 47(3): 213-216.
(11) Yan J, Smith MD, Glick BR, Liang Y. Effects of ACC deaminase containing rhizobacteria on plant growth and expression of Toc GTPases in tomato (Solanum lycopersicum) under salt stress. Botany. 2014; 92(11): 775-781.
(12) Bal HB, Nayak L, Das S, Adhya TK. Isolation of ACC deaminase producing PGPR from rice rhizosphere and evaluating their plant growth promoting activity under salt stress. Plant and soil. 2013; 366(1-2): 93-105.
(13) Jha CK, Annapurna K, Saraf M. Isolation of Rhizobacteria from Jatropha curcas and characterization of produced ACC deaminase. Journal of basic microbiology. 2012; 52(3): 285-295.
(14) Qin S, Zhang YJ, Yuan B, Xu PY, Xing K, Wang J, Jiang JH. Isolation of ACC deaminase-producing habitat-adapted symbiotic bacteria associated with halophyte Limonium sinense (Girard) Kuntze and evaluating their plant growth-promoting activity under salt stress. Plant and soil. 2014; 374(1-2): 753-766.
(15) Chen Y, Barak P. Iron nutrition of plants in calcareous soils. Advances in Agronomy. New York: Academic Press; 1982.
(16) Johnson GV, Barton LL. Selected physiological responses associated with Fe (III) and Fe (II) metabolism. Iron chelation in plants and soil microorganisms. California: Academic Press; 1993.
(17) Masalha J, Kosegarten H, Elmaci Ö, Mengel K. The central role of microbial activity for iron acquisition in maize and sunflower. Biology and Fertility of Soils. 2000; 30(5-6): 433-439.
(18) Schroth MN, Hancock JG. Disease-suppressive soil and root-colonizing bacteria. Science. 1982; 216(4553): 1376-1381.
(19) Wright W, Little J, Liu F, Chakraborty R. Isolation and structural identification of the trihydroxamate siderophore vicibactin and its degradative products from Rhizobium leguminosarum ATCC 14479 bv. trifolii. BioMetals. 2013; 26(2): 271-283.
(20) Waheed A, Afzal A, Sultan T, Ijaz F, Manan S, Zia MA. et al. Isolation and biochemical characterization of rhizobium from pea crop at Swabi. International Journal of Biosciences (IJB). 2014; 4(8): 231-240.
(21) Jacobson CB, Pasternak JJ, Glick BR. Partial purification and characterization of 1-aminocyclopropane-1-carboxylate deaminase from the plant growth promoting rhizobacterium Pseudomonas putida GR12-2. Canadian Journal of Microbiology. 1994; 40(12): 1019-1025.
(22) Shahzad SM, Khalid A, Arshad M. Screening rhizobacteria containing ACC-deaminase for growth promotion of chickpea seedlings under axenic conditions. Soil and Environment. 2010; 29(1): 38-46.
(23) Payne SM. Detection, isolation, and characterization of siderophores. Methods in enzymology. 1994; 235: 329-344.
(24) Ausubel FM, Brent R, Kingston RE, et al. Short Protocols in Molecular Biology, 4th Edition, John Wiley and sons, Inc., New York, 1512 pp; 1995.
(25) Nezhad SS, Khorasgani MR, Emtiazi G, Yaghoobi MM, Shakeri S. Isolation of copper oxide (CuO) nanoparticles resistant Pseudomonas strains from soil and investigation on possible mechanism for resistance. World Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology. 2014; 30(3):809-817.
(26) Murset V, Hennecke H, Pessi G. Disparate role of rhizobial ACC deaminase in root-nodule symbioses. Symbiosis. 2012; 57(1): 43-50.
(27) Abeles FB, Morgan PW, Saltveit Jr ME. Ethylene in plant biology. California: Academic Press. 1992.
(28) Spaink HP. Ethylene as a regulator of Rhizobium infection. Trends in Plant Science. 1997; 2(6): 203-204.
(29) Nukui N, Ezura H, Yuhashi KI, Yasuta T, Minamisawa K. Effects of ethylene precursor and inhibitors for ethylene biosynthesis and perception on nodulation in Lotus japonicus and Macroptilium atropurpureum. Plant and Cell Physiology. 2000; 41(7): 893-897.
(30) Lin Z, Zhong S, Grierson, D. Recent advances in ethylene research. Journal of experimental botany. 2009; 60(12): 3311-3336.
(31) Glick BR, Penrose DM, Li J. A model for the lowering of plant ethylene concentrations by plant growth-promoting bacteria. Journal of Theoretical Biology. 1998; 190(1): 63-68.
(32) Ma W, Penrose DM, Glick BR. Strategies used by rhizobia to lower plant ethylene levels and increase nodulation. Canadian journal of microbiology. 2002; 48(11): 947-954.
(33) Duan J, Müller KM, Charles TC, Vesely S, Glick BR. 1-aminocyclopropane-1-carboxylate (ACC) deaminase genes in rhizobia from southern Saskatchewan. Microbial ecology. 2009; 57(3): 423-436.
(34) Ma W, Sebestianova SB, Sebestian J, Burd GI, Guinel FC, Glick BR. Prevalence of 1-aminocyclopropane-1-carboxylate deaminase in Rhizobium spp. Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek. 2003; 83(3): 285-291.
(35) Kuhn S, Stiens M, Pühler A, Schlüter A. Prevalence of pSmeSM11a-like plasmids in indigenous Sinorhizobium meliloti strains isolated in the course of a field release experiment with genetically modified S. meliloti strains. FEMS Microbiol Ecol. 2008; 63:118–131.
(36) Tittabutr PP, Awaya JD, Li QX, Borthakur D. The cloned 1-aminocyclopropane-1-carboxylate (ACC) deaminase gene from Sinorhizobium sp. strain BL3 in Rhizobium sp. strain TAL1145 promotes nodulation and growth of Leucaena leucocephala. Systematic and Applied Microbiology. 2008; 31(2): 141-150.
(37) Hemantaranjan A, Garg OK. Introduction of nitrogen‐fixing nodules through iron and zinc fertilization in the nonnodule‐forming French bean (phaseolus vulgaris L.). Journal of Plant Nutrition. 1986; 9(3-7): 281-288.
(38) O'HARA GW, Dilworth MJ, Boonkerd N, Parkpian P. Iron‐deficiency specifically limits nodule development in peanut inoculated with Bradyrhizobium sp. New Phytologist. 1988; 108(1): 51-57.
(39) Rai R, Singh SN, Prasad V. Effect of pressmud amended pyrite on symbiotic N2‐fixation, active iron contents of nodules, grain yield and quality of chick pea (cicer arietinum Linn.) Genotypes in calcareous soil. Journal of Plant Nutrition. 1982; 5(4-7): 905-913.
(40) Marek-Kozaczuk M, Deryto M, Skorupska A. Tn5 insertion mutants of Pseudomonas sp. 267 defective in siderophore production and their effect on clover (Trifolium pratense) nodulated with Rhizobium leguminosarum bv. trifolii. Plant and soil. 1996; 179(2): 269-274.
(41) Carson KC, Meyer JM, Dilworth MJ. Hydroxamate siderophores of root nodule bacteria. Soil Biology and Biochemistry. 2000; 32(1): 11-21.
(42) Mehdipour Moghaddam M, Emtiazi G, Bouzari M. Improvement of endophytic Azospirillum colonization by co-inoculation with Cellulomonas Uda ATCC 491. Biological Journal of Microorganisms. 2014; 3 (9) :99-112
(43) Reigh GERALDINE, O'Connell MICHAEL. Siderophore-mediated iron transport correlates with the presence of specific iron-regulated proteins in the outer membrane of Rhizobium meliloti. Journal of bacteriology. 1993; 175(1): 94-102.
(44) Tian F, Ding Y, Zhu H, Yao L, Du B. Genetic diversity of siderophore-producing bacteria of tobacco rhizosphere. Brazilian Journal of Microbiology. 2009; 40(2): 276-284.
(45) Fabiano E, Gualtieri G, Pritsch C, Polla G, Arias A. Extent of high-affinity iron transport systems in field isolates of rhizobia. Plant and soil. 1994. 164(2): 177-185.
(46) Berraho EL, Lesueur D, Diem HG, Sasson A. Iron requirement and siderophore production in Rhizobium ciceri during growth on an iron-deficient medium. World Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology. 1997; 13(5): 501-510.