(1) Korbekandi H, Darkhal P, Hojati Z, Abedi D, Hamedi J, Pourhosein M. Overproduction of Clavulanic Acid by UV mutagenesis of Streptomyces clavuligerus. Iranian Journal of Pharmaceutical Research 2010; 9 (2): 177-81.
(2) Tasneem M, Khan A, Ashraf H, Haq I. Xylanase Biosynthesis by chemically mutated strain of Aspergillus niger.Journal of Food Technology 2003; 1 (4): 178-81.
(3) Coman G and Bahrim G. Minimizing cellulase biosynthesis from cellulase–free xylanase production with Streptomyces ssp. P12-137 using optimization by response surface methodology. Cellulose chemistry and technology 2011; 45 (3-4): 245-50.
(4) Dwivedi P, Vivekanand V,Ganguly R, Singh R P. Parthenium sp. as a plant biomass for the production of alkalitolerant xylanase from mutant Penicilliumoxalicum SAUE-3.510 in submerged fermentation. Biomass & Bioenergy 2009; 33: 581-8.
(5) HAQ I,Hussain R, Hameed U, and Javad M. Selection of Aspergillus niger mutant using antimetabolite 2-deoxy D-glucose after N-methyl N-nito N-nitroso guanidine (MNNG) treatment. Pakistan Journal of Botany 2008; 40 (6): 2613-23.
(6) Sa-Pereira P, Mesquita A, Duarte JC, Aires Barros MR, Costa-Ferreira M. Rapid production of thermostable Cellulase-free xylanase by a strain of Bacillus subtilis and its properties. Enzyme and Microbial Technology 2002; 30: 924-33.
(7) Yang VW, Zhuang Z, Elegir G, Jeffries TW. Alkaline-active xylanase produced by an alkaliphilic Bacillus sp isolated from Kraft pulp. Journal of Industrial Microbiology 1995; 15: 434-41.
(8) Guimarães NCA, Sorgatto M, Peixoto-Nogueira SC, Betini JHA, Zanoelo FF, Marques MR, Polizeli MLTM, and Giannesi GC. Xylanase production from Aspergillus japonicus var aculeatus: Production using Agroindustrial Residues and Biobleaching Effect on Pulp.Journal of Biocatalysis and Biotransformation 2013; 2 (1): 1-6.
(9) Terrasan CRF, Temer B, Sarto C, Silva Junior FG, Carmona EC. Xylanase and B-Xylosidase from Penicillium janczewskii: Production, Physico-chemical Properties, and application of the crude extract to pulp Biobleaching.BioResources 2013. 8 (1): 1292-305.
(10) Muhammad M.J, Haq I, Irfana M. Multistep mutagenesis for the over-expression of cellulase in Humicola insolens. Pakistan Journal of Botany 2011; 43 (1): 669-77.
(11) Abdel-Aziz MS, Talkhan FN, Fadel M, AbouZeied AA, and Abdel-Razik AS. Improvement of xylanase production from Streptomyces Pseudogriseolus via UV mutagenesis. Australian Journal of Basic & Applied Sciences 2011; 5 (5): 1045-50.
(12) HAQ I, Ali S, Javed MM, Hameed U, Saleem A, Adnan F, et al. Production of alpha amylase from a randomly induced mutant strain of Bacillus amyloliquefaciens andits application as a desizer in textile industry. Pakistan Journal of Botany 2010; 42 (1): 473-84.
(13) Nadeem M, Qazi JI, Baig SH. Enhanced production of alkaline protease by a mutant of Bacillus licheniformis N-2 for dehairing. Brazilian Archives of Biology and Technology 2010; 53 (5): 1015-25.
(14) Abo-State M.A.M, Ghaly M.F, and Abdellah E.M. Optimization of Cellulase (s) and Xylanase Production by Thermophilic and Alkaliphilic Bacillus Isolates. American-Eurasian Journal of Agricultural & Environmental Sciences 2013; 13 (4): 553-64.
(15) Azin M, Noroozi E. Random mutagenesis and use of 2-deoxy-D-glucose as an antimetabolite for selection of α-amylase-overproducing mutants of Aspergillus oryzae. World Journal of Microbiology & Biotechnology 2001; 17: 747-50.
(16) Zarif B, Azin M, Amirmozafari N. Increasing the bioethanol yield in the presence of furfural via mutation of a native strain of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. African Journal of Microbiology Research 2011; 5 (6): 651-6.
(17) Thein A, Prathuangwong S. Novel strains of Xanthomonas oryzae pv. oryzae UV mutated induce systemic resistance in rice against bacterial leaf blight disease. Kasersart Journal (Natural Science) 2010; 44: 1026-43.
(18) Aly MM, Tork S, Alakilli SY. Molecular characterization of chitiniolytic Bacillus pumilus isolated from marine habitats and enhancement of chitinase production by mutation. Universal scholar in Biotechnology 2011; 1 (2): 14-21.
(19) Xu H, Jia SH, Liu J. Development of a mutant strain of Bacillus subtilis showing enhanced production of acetoin. African Journal of Biotechnology 2011; 10 (5): 779-88.
(20) Tehreema I, Mubashir N, Seyed Qaiser A, Muhammad AZ, Iffat A, Kyejoon L, et al.Mutation induced enhanced biosynthesis of lipase by Rhizopus oligosporus var. microsporus. Pakistan Journal of Botany 2010; 42 (2) :1235-49.
(21) Akhavan Sepahi A, Ghazi SH, Akhavan Sepahi M. Cost effective production and optimization of alkaline xylanase by indigenous Bacillus mojavensis AG137 fermented on agricultural waste. Enzyme Research 2011; 10 (11): 1-9.
(22) Khandepakar RDS, Bhosle NB. Isolation, Purification and characterization of the Xylanase produced by Arthrobacter sp. MTCC5214 when grown in solid state fermentation. Enzyme and Microbial Technology 2006; 39: 732-42.
(23) PORSUK I, ÖZAKIN S, BALİ B, İNCE YILMAZ E. A cellulase-free, thermoactive, and alkali xylanase production by terrestrial Streptomyces sp. CA24. Turkish Journal of Biology 2013; 37: 370-5.
(24) Bailey M J M, Biely P, Poutanen k. Interlaboratory testing of methods for assay of xylanase activity. Journal of Biotechnology 1992; 23: 257-70.
(25) Miller GL. Use of dinitrosalicylic acid reagent for determination of reducing sugar. Annual Chemistry 1959; 31 (3): 426-8.
(26) Poorna CA, Prema P. Production and partial characterization of endoxylanase by Bacillus pumilus using agro industrial residues. Biochemical Engineering Journal 2006; 33: 106-12.
(27) Kapoor M, Nair LM, Kuhad RC. Cost-effective xylanase production from free and immobilized Bacillus pumilus strain MK001 and its application in saccharification of Prosopis juliflora. Biochemical Engineering Journal 2008; 38: 88-97.
(28) Sridevi B and Charya MAS. Isolation, identification and screening of potential cellulase free xylanase producing fungi. African Journal of Biotechnology 2011; 10 (22): 4624-30.
(29) Gupta G, Sahai V, Gupta RK. Optimization of xylanase production from Melanocarpus albomyces using wheat straw extract and it’s scale up in stirred tank bioreactor. Indian Journal of Chemical Technology 2013; 20:282-9.
(30) Sugumaran KR, Kiran Kumar B, Mahalakshmi M, Ponnusami V. Cassava bagasse- Low cost substrate for thermotolerant xylanase production using Bacillus subtilis. International Journal of Chemical Technology Research 2013; 5 (1): 394-400.
(31) Oliveira LA. Production of xylanase and protease by Penicillium janthinellum CRC 87M-115 from different agricultural wastes. Bioresource Technology 2006; 97: 862-7.
(32) Cordeiro CAM, Martins MLL, Luciano AB, Da Silva RF. Production and properties of xylanase from thermophilic Bacillus sp. Brazilian Archives of Biology and Technology 2002. 45 (4): 413-8.
(33) Annamalai N, Thavasi R, Jayalakshmi S, Balasubramanian T. Thermostable and alkaline tolerant xylanase production by Bacillus subtilis isolated from marine environment. Indian Journal of Biotechnology 2009; 8: 291-7.
(34) Rahim T, Ray AL, Beauty SP, Gomes DJ. Induction of mutation in Neurospora crassa with Ultraviolet radiation and evaluation of cellulase and xylanase activities. Bangladesh Journal of Boiology 2009; 38 (2): 201-3.
(35) HAQ I, Ali S, Saleem A, and Javed MM. Mutagenesis of Bacillus licheniformis through ethyl methanesulfonate for Alha amylase production. Pakistan Journal of Botany 2009; 41 (3): 1489-98.
(36) Kotchoni S, Gachmo EW, Omafuvbe BO, Shonukan OO.Purification and biochemical characterization of carboxymethyl cellulose (CMCase) from a catabolite repression insensitive mutant of Bacillus pumilus. International Journal of Agriculture and Biology 2006; 8 (2): 286-92.
(37) Li XH, Yang HJ, Roy B, Park EY, Jiang LJ, Wang D, et al. Enhanced cellulase production of the Trichoderma viride mutated by microwave and ultraviolet. Microbiological Research 2009; 10:1-10.
(38) Hao XC, Yu XB, Yan ZL. Optimization of the medium for the production of cellulase by the mutant Trichoderma reesei WX-112 using response surface methodology. Food Technology and Biotechnology 2006; 44 (1): 89-94.
(39) Reddi Pradeep M and Narasimha G. Utilization of pea seed husk as a substrate for cellulase production by mutant Aspergillus niger. Insight Biotechnology 2011; 1 (2): 17-22.
(40)Nair SU, Singhal RS, Kamat MY. Enhanced production of thermostable Pullulanase type 1 using Bacillus cereus FDTA 13 and its mutant. Food Technology and Biotechnology 2006; 44 (2): 275-82.
(41)Amena S, Lingappa K, Prabhakar M, Vishalakshi N. Production of L-Asparaginase by strain improvement and whole-cell immobilization of Streptomycesgulbargensis. Journal of the Renin Angiotensin Aldosterone System 2012; 27: 93-8.
(42)Abdel Latif HAM, Abdel Fatah MR, Sabbour MM, El-Sharkawey AZ, El-sayed RS. Genetic modification of Bacillus thuringiensis var Kurstaki HD-73 to overproduce melanin, UV resistance and their insecticidal potentiality against potato tuber moth. International Journal of Academic Research 2010; 2 (6): 73-81.
(43)Aftab MN, Haq I , Baig SH. Enhanced production of bacitracin by a mutant strain Bacillus licheniformis UV-MN-HN-8 (Enhanced bacitracin production by mutagenesis). Pakistan Journal of Botany 2010; 42 (3): 2095-103.
(44)Usama F, Ali, Zeinab M, Ibrahim, and Georg S, Isaac. Ethanol and Xylitol Production from Xylanase Broth of Thermomyces Lanuginosus Grown on Some Lignocellulosic Wastes using Candida tropicalis EMCC2. Life Science Journal 2013; 10 (1): 968-78.
(45)Radha Krishna E, Shamsher Kumar P, Veerendra Kumar B. Strain improvement of selected strain Bacillus subtilis (MTCC No.10619) for enhanced production of antimicrobial Metabolites. Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology Research 2011; 1 (3): 32-8.